These eggs are yummy for breakfast or lunch! I made up the recipe one morning when I didn't know if I wanted a sweet breakfast or a savory one!
1 sweet potato diced
1/2 large yellow onion
5 cloves garlic
1 apple diced (I like fuji)
Olive oil or Coconut Oil (approx 3-4 T)
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I like Tillamook vintage white)
Fresh Cilantro (or any favorite herb) approx 1/2 cup chopped
large frypan (I use a cast iron skillet)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Heat pan on med-low heat and add oil and sweet potato. Cook until browned and almost completely soft.
2) Add onions cook until carmelized and a little browned.
3) Add apples, garlic and cilantro and cook 1 min and then add eggs.
4) If you are not using a non-stick pan (to be healthier) you can mush all ingredients to one side of the pan and add some water to the other side.
5) When the eggs are firm to the touch. Remove from heat and add cheese to melt on the top.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve and enjoy.
YUM! I made this for breakfast this morning. I am so excited to share it because it is one of those recipes that you can really have fun experimenting with! My fiance compared it to a crepe, which is a perfect comparison because it can be sweet or savory or both depending on what you want to do with it! We love garlic, so I can hardly wait to add a savory cheese with garlic mmm hmm! If I wasn't so full I would go try it out right now!
1/2 c Butter
2 c milk
1 c flour (all purpose or wheat)
1c small curd cottage cheese if you want to make it sweet or cheddar cheese (really any kind of cheese) to make it savory
1 tsp Baking Powder - I ran out of Baking Powder so instead I mixed 1 part Baking Soda with 2 parts Cream of Tartar and then measured out 1 tsp!
Fresh berries, jam, or honey on top and/or devonshire cream
10"Cast Iron Skillet or 9x13" Glass Baking Dish
Medium Mixing Bowl
PREHEAT oven 425 Degrees
Cut butter into small slices and place in your skillet or dish .
Heat in oven until butter is melted.
Mix eggs in a bowl with a mixer on high speed about 1 minute.
Continue to mix while adding milk slowly, then flour, then cheese, then baking powder.
Pour blended mixture into the hot skillet or dish. Bake for 20-35 mins, until pancake is puffed and beginning to brown.
Remove from oven & let sit 5-8 minutes before cutting. (Center will fall)
1 Head Garlic (or less depending on how much your like Garlic)
8 Kalamata Olives (opt)
1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
2 t Dried Minced Onion
Italian Seasoning (or whatever your favorite seasoning is)
1 egg + plus 2-3 to fry and put on top patties
Ground Pepper to Taste
Monterey Jack Cheese (or any favorite cheese)
Olive Oil for frying
medium frying pan
sliced yellow onion (opt)
Peel garlic, I am a big fan of the smash technique. I just lightly smash each clove with the flat side of my knife which loosens the skin making it easier to peel or hit it harder to break up the garlic into chunks.
1) Heat up a frying pan with olive oil at medium low heat and add the chunks of garlic. Roughly chop some Kalamata Olives and add them along with some of the juice from their container (approx 1 T) and let cook for 1-2 mins take off stove before the garlic starts to brown.
2) Pour Ground Turkey into a mixing bowl and add, red pepper, dried minced onion, half of 1 beaten egg, Italian Seasoning, black pepper.
3) Divide turkey into 4 (for 2 burgers) or 6 (for 3 burgers) balls depending on how large you like your patties to be.
4) Flatten each patty and set aside half of them. Take 5-8 chunks of garlic out of the oil and olives mixture and place them evenly on top the flattened patties .
5) Lay 1 of the patties from those set aside on top of each the patties that have garlic on them . And sandwich them together, squishing the outer edges together and re molding into a patty shape really well to keep them from falling apart while frying.
6) Heat oil to medium heat and place your burgers in it to begin frying. Cook until there is no longer any pink meat.
7)When they are almost finished cooking, fry eggs to put on top you can add the left over olives & garlic to them or pour them on top after they are cooked, slice some cheese, onions & tomato and lettuce.
8) Assemble with Mayo, Ketchup on your favorite kind of buns, and add all the fixings as you desire!