On a Saturday morning when you are feeling like doing something nice. Make someone you love breakfast in bed! This recipe is perfect for splitting in half. It may seem like alot of food for 2 people, but I promise it's so scrumptious you will easily, "make room".
- 2 Apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla, Almond or Hazelnut Extract
How to make it:
1) PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees
2) Saute apples in butter until soft.
3) Spread apples evenly over the bottom of a glass or ceramic pie plate, or a cast iron pan.
4) In a medium bowl, beat eggs, add flour and beat until smooth.
5) Stir in milk & extract.
6) Pour over apples.
7) Bake 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
*Serve with Paige-shire Cream, Creme Fraiche (see previous recipe post) or Whipping Cream.